Wednesday, February 15, 2012


 February 15, 2012


Okay, so after some further instruction it dawned on me that most people who probably read this blog may need a little context. I am a Landscape Contracting student at Penn State University, and I am going to Ireland through the college.



The way this is done is through something called a short course, in this case Hort 499, the Gardens and Landscapes of Ireland. Through this course we learn about the different aspects of Ireland, we do research on our own, and lastly we take a ten day tour of Ireland after the Spring semester ends. I'm really looking forward to this experience because I have never been out of the country before, and I feel as if this is going to be one of my only opportunities to do so. I'm also looking forward to just seeing a different culture outside of the United States.





So the research starts here. I have always taken interest in landscaping and gardens, so to construct a blog around this subject is very satisfying. I'm going to start off with early influences on garden design back in 1700-1900.


How most people depict Irish gardens and landscapes.






No comments:

Post a Comment